Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shoulder Shawl

Hi Everyone! First I must apologise to everyone as it's been a very long time since I have last made a comment or a post due to my DH's illness. You can read more about it on my blog helenknits. Knitting has and is helping me cope in these tough times.

What I do want to post about is that I have finally finished my sister in laws 50th birthday present the beautiful Shoulder Shawl by Jane Sowerby. I gave it to her on Christmas Eve and she loved it. Yeah!!! And here are a couple of photo's of it. I used Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in Purple, it is a wonderful yarn to knit with and the colour is amazing. It blocked beautifully.


7 comments:

Aлиса said...

Hello!
It is a beautiful shawl!
Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you have had a tough time of it. Hope things are on the improve. The shawl is beautiful!

Carina said...

The shawl is beautiful. I love that book, use to take it with me in bed.

It is a pety that you don't take new members to this blog.

Hope for a good 2009 for you all.

Carina in Sweden

KMalinkaVintage said...

Wonderful shawl! Great job! You are very talented!

Helen Knits said...

Thank you very much everyone for your wonderful comments.

brewerburns said...

The shawl is really beautiful. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time.

Unknown said...

I like it and the color you've used. Wow! Keep sharing your fantastic works here. So wonderful! More power! electric cigarette