Monday, June 11, 2007

Finally blocked!


This is the "Scarf with Fir Cone Lace" and it has been completed for some time but not blocked. Blocking it took a discussion with my husband as to whether the water would damage our dining room table (it didn't, especially with the heavy blanket I used under it) and worst of all, time and patience to poke all those needles in place. In the end, it worked out fine, though I did run out of both time and patience during blocking. Has anyone tried the needle and thread method mentioned in "A Gathering of Lace?" I envy not only the knitting on this blog but the ability to do expert blocking. I have a more detailed photo on my blog, merrypurl.com.

1 comment:

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

your scarf is lovely. gratz. I have to get on the ball and finish my shawl. I only have a little left on the border. I like how everyones scarfs are turning out so that will probably be my next project.. (^_^)