Saturday, February 10, 2007

A fichu, blocked

The fichu has been blocked. I did include a bit of starch in the blocking - adding about 1/4 cup to 6 quarts of the soaking water. I probably could have added more but I decided I'd rather err on the side of too little starch than too much. Some photos:

I think it turned out fine, but I'm not 100 percent happy with it. It seems to me as if the lace motifs look a bit 'squashed'; as if the lace would have been happier joined to fewer stitches along the neckband. (Or perhaps, knitted up at a different gauge - I didn't check gauge for this project.) Still, I'm reasonably happy with it, and I think my mom will be pleased.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Squashed is exactly the right term! (I faced the 'desquashing' problem when I blocked mine as well) The fichu looks lovely.