Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Finally Here

I'm here! I'm so glad to be here! I'm a new member, and have been so taken with the VLT book that I'm planning to start the Melon scarf after the holidays. I have the pattern, I have the yarn... One thing I have done is to create a sort of index to the book because I kept forgetting where different patterns were located. I'm thinking of making it into an Excel spreadsheet with fields of Pattern Name, Page number, Yarn Weight, Yarn Yardage, Difficulty, Finished Dimensions. I may also add a field for the yarn used for the model.

I haven't knit much lace yet - 2 lace scarves and one shawl from Folk Shawls - but am really looking forward to reading, learning, and knitting.

4 comments:

jan said...

I'm so glad to be here and love this book also. I do not like to knit or wear any yarn containing mohair so I'm looking for substitutes that are not too pricey. I've tried tencel and like a fiber that has a little more give for lace knitting. The Cap shawl, Mellon and Myrtle leaf interest me the most.

Jan

Sande Francis said...

Yeah, what's with these books that only have "sections" listed in the TOC anyway? no index so we can find the patterns that way either! surely they don't do it to save printing a couple of pages. argh. maybe I'll do a short list of pattern and page, print it and laminate it for a bookmark to be used in that book. AGOL is the same way - i can never find anything in there.

Meanwhile, all progress on the Harebell fichu is stalled - too cold to knit in the house and i've been spinning some new fiber from Spinderella. you can see it on my blog if you are interested...

Sande

Stitchcounter said...

I had the same issue--I kept forgetting where everything was. Plus, I wanted yardage so I could try to use some of my stash for the projects. I started my own spreadsheet with almost all the info that you wanted which you can find on my blog. You are welcome to download it and make changes or use it as is.

KarenK said...

That spreadsheet is awesome! Very useful. The book needs some organizational help. I've already printed this out and will put it in my copy of the book. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together.