Friday, December 1, 2006

Hello!

I hope everyone's projects are going well so far. I received my copy of VLT about a week ago and am starting with the melon stitch stole, with Elann Super Kydd (a kid mohair and nylon blend) and 4.5 mm (US 7) needles.


I'm about one quarter of the way done with the center section. It's going quickly, even though I'm mostly only working on it as a take-along project during the commute. The yarn is very soft, and IMHO, is a great substitute for Kidsilk Haze. I have a few more pictures on my blog.

4 comments:

nat said...

It looks very pretty so far! I was thinking about making that one, too. I can't wait to see it finished. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, and that's the one I'm going to make too! Yarn looks good.

cindi said...

Very pretty! I can't wait til Christmas when I get my book, so I can start one of these fab projects!!

Stitchcounter said...

I like it in that pink color, it looks wonderful. I noticed that Elann yarn the other day and was wondering if it would be a good substitute since it is much more affordable than the KSH.