Monday, January 8, 2007

About time I started


As one of the hosts I thought it was about time I actually started a shawl from Victorian Lace Today. Part of the problem was that I just couldn't make a decision on which project to begin first. So finally I have decided to go with the Large Rectangle in Leaf and Trellis pattern with Trellis border.


The yarn I am using is from Bendigo Woollen Mills here in Australia. They produce a range of good quality but economical yarns. There is pretty much nothing fancy available but for basic very wools and cottons they are really good.

There are more details and a photo of the beginnings of the stole on my blog.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hey, that's the one I'm doing! It looks totally different - and beautiful - in that yarn.

A dumb question: you're supposed to mark row 9 of the "second repeat" of the center panel pattern. Does that mean the second time you work row 9, or the third...which would literally be the second repeat?

Yes, I tend to overinterpret directions. It gets me in trouble way too often.