Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Carolyn's Alpine Lace - Finished!

Yarn: 60 grams of Blueberry Graceful from the Yarn Place.
Needles: Size 2 US/2.75 mm
Blocked size: 19"x72"
Alterations: Scarf worked with 7 multiples of diamonds, and 5 multiples of the center leaf pattern. Seventy-two repeats.

Now, the pattern calls for 37 repeats, so I figured I'd need an odd number. Unless they're not counting the first time chart B is worked in that 37, though, I can't figure it out. 8 rows of garter before chart B - 1/2 a diamond. 8 rows of garter after all the leaves - another 1/2 diamond. And there needs to be an even number of repeats in the middle to have complete diamonds.

My next shawl is going to be a worsted weight cardigan. After that ... who knows!

16 comments:

Laura said...

It's *gorgeous*!

Cheryl said...

Wow - it's beautiful. What a great color, too.

Brenda said...

So beautiful! I love the rich color!

~Kristie said...

STUNNING!

Marsha said...

That is simply beautiful!! I lovvveee that color!

Jeannie said...

Wow!! It's beautiful and I love the color.

cindi said...

You did a fabulous job! It's beautiful.

Lori said...

Look how pretty that is. I love the color! Good job.

brewerburns said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

Excellent work. The pattern impresses me and the colour is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

That's stunning.

Hege said...

It's just gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Amazing! You should be very proud, Carolyn.

Sherri said...

This is beautiful. I am still dithering about what color and what yarn to use for this - your choice is excellent!

Floderten said...

Wow, that is truly stunning! I love the colour you chose!!
If you don't mind, which cast-on did you use? I've frogged twice now using two different methods, and each looked horrible (crocheted on and long-tail methods). It keeps looking too loose!

If it's not too much trouble, could you respond to floderten AT gmail DOT com?? :) Please?

pamela wynne said...

I saw this in person at Yarnzilla today, and the photo cannot do justice to how absolutely gorgeous it is! Really lovely work.