Friday, March 9, 2007

Just can't stop

Hi everyone, This is my first post here as I've just found your community and joined. I really love this book and wanted to share what I've been up to.

Last week I finished "A Fichu". I used Lacey Lamb and size 2 needles. The Harebell lace pattern is delightful. However, this pattern takes a lot of concentration to keep your place in the joins, as it joins at different rates to shape the collar. I probably won't ever make it again, but did enjoy it.

The fichu as worn:

The lace pattern close up:



As soon as I finished I couldn't help but cast on for my next project from the book! I've been drooling over the "Three Cornered Shawl with Clover Leaf Pattern" for ages. I did the cast on and first row as written. It was extremely painful to work the flimsy loops into decreases. From there, though, things get much easier and the edge is so delicate with that cast on!

The yarn is Artfiber Tsuki. It's a silk/mohair blend that's so soft and dreamy. It's also $16 for 40 grams, so a complete bargain compared to kidsilk haze. Here's a peek at it in progress. I've just finished the first repeat of chart C.



Carrie

2 comments:

Annie said...

Gorgeous fichu!! Red made it more outsantding.Hope to see your new project soon.

Hilary in SA said...

Your fichu looks beautiful. A friend of mine who has been knitting for 60 years is trying to find corrections for it. Did you change anything from the Victorian Lace Today book? The pattern is driving her crazy!! No errata for it specifically, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hilary