Monday, March 26, 2007

Very proud

Just want to show off a quick pic of my border. My first ever border and on the 2nd attempt I managed to roudn the first corner successfully. The border is taking much longer than expected. I've just written a long post about this on my blog and I'm jsut too tired to blog about it again. But I just wanted to show off my progress.


Wanted this finished to be posted to NOrway so it would get there by Friday. That's not going to happen now so taking a break from this for a few days. The work on this over the weekend has been very intense and I need a break.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry to hear that the border is taking longer than expected. It sure is pretty, though! :-)

Lori said...

WooHoo! You are on the border! That is a lot farther than some of us (namely, me). Just sit back and enjoy the process.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Laura and Lori. Another crisis looming as I've just weighed the yarn and worked out that I may be as much as 10 grams short of what I need for the border.

Cathy said...

That is just lovely, Anni. Congratulations!

I also completed my first border over the weekend; it took forever, but I'm pleased with the results. Will post a pic as soon as I block...

I would have run out of yarn too; the yardage requirements in the book seem to be on the skimpy side. Luckily I was able to find more online. I hope you can do the same.

Artis-Anne said...

Anni I have been reading your blog and saw you were having probs; keeping fingers crossed for you . I have just started my first knitted border also !!