Sunday, March 11, 2007

Double Border Scarf

I had to go do some mindless knitting of socks to clear my head after the Alpine Lace. Now I'm back, and after a few swatchs with a couple of different yarns, I've finally got a good start on the Double Border Scarf on pg. 104. I came back to the Misti Alpaca in a pale pink.

After a little clarification from Jennifer on how to read the pattern it's actually a pretty easy knit. I always start out on an even row, the middle section is always the same series of stitches and the last section is always an odd row. You just need to keep up with where you are at.This is a complete set of 3 repeats of the 20 row pattern....only 17 more to go.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful start and choice of yarn! Your stitch definition is wonderful. Looking forward to seeing it completed!

brewerburns said...

Lovely. I really like that pink.

Jennifer said...

Glad to see that I could help. Your scarf looks wonderful. I have not knit on my for a while. I made a mistake somewhere and need to pull a row or two out, and I have not had the brain power to face it lately. It's strange, but it seems like if I do more than 5 or 6 rows in a sitting, I mess up.